Webinar: Involving parents and carers in developing their child’s English and mathematics
Recorded Wednesday 30th January 2019
Who this content is designed for:
Primary/Secondary Head Teachers; Directors of Learning; English teachers; maths teachers; SENCo/Learning Support; Curriculum Leaders/Assessment and Governors.
What you can expect:
This free 30-minute webinar (+Q&A) focuses on enhancing the involvement of parents and carers in developing their child’s English and mathematics using the nationally accredited Quality Mark framework.The presenters provide you with the following:
- An understanding of the challenges schools face when engaging parents and carers in the child’s learning
- Discussion about what effective involvement from parents/ carers means and consider the challenges schools face in achieving effective parent / carer involvement
- Practical approaches for involving parents / carers in their child’s learning
- Key questions for you to consider in your own school
Free audit tool extract: We will also provide you with an extract of the audit tool to take back to your setting so you can immediately begin applying the knowledge gained during the session.
The audit tool is designed to be used as part of your self-assessment process and reflects findings of studies which identify shared views of high quality English and mathematics provision and its short and long term positive impact on pupils' learning.
- Rachel Wilkes – Headteacher, CEO of Humber Education Trust and Quality Mark Assessor
- Nicola Loten – Headteacher and Quality Mark Assessor
- Chris Smith – Former Headteacher and Quality Mark Assessor