Webinar: Applying the fundamentals of maths teaching and evidencing your provision of high quality education
Thursday 8th March, 3:00pm - 3:50pm GST (11am GMT)
We are hosting a free 50 minute webinar to illustrate just how your Early Years setting can apply the fundamentals of maths teaching whilst evidencing good provision, practice, progress and performance.
The session has been designed for practitioners and leaders in mathematics
- Understand the characteristics of mathematicians and how our provision promotes these
- See how practitioners are overcoming some of the barriers to mathematics learning for our children
- Develop your appoach to using language as a practical tool in mathematics
- Review a resource and consider the language that will be promoted from this sort of activity
- How to gain external recognition of the impact of the work of leaders and practitioners in improving the quality of provision
- The role of self-evaluation in improving the quality of provision
- Familiarise yourself with the Early Years Quality Mark, an international accreditation recognising your commitment to continuous quality improvement and the promotion of the best outcomes for the children in your setting.
Viv Lloyd, Assistant Director for Primary and Early Years, National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching Mathematics
Lorna Dick, Director for Early Years, Tribal